Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Because Teal Girl just wasn't cool enough.


So yeah, I need to work on her hands yet, but I'm really excited to have taken another step forward. This time I used photo reference, however I used it only for lighting situation and created the pose and character entirely on my own. I also distorted the figure without much trouble which is something I haven't really done successfully anytime in my recent memory.

The direction that I'm going in with this is towards a much different style than anything I've been working on, but I think that it is also a direction that I've wanted to go in for a couple years, but just didn't know how. I'm glad to be exploring, but at the same time a little scared to be opening yet another door, when I already have so many open.

No comments: