Saturday, November 10, 2007

Jem and the Holograms vs. The Misfits

Here is a project that I started a year and a half ago and just never finished... The goal was to revamp Jem and the Holgrams for modern audience as a cross promotional media property (i.e. television cartoon, music CDs, fashion line, etc). I spent a couple weeks researching fashion trends and applying them to the ladies of the Holograms and the Misfits... all I ever really finished was these character studies and preliminary logo design. I think that if I were to do it again today, I would push the stylization even further... perhaps like some of Disney's newer shows like The Replacements or Kim Possible. Maybe I'll come back to this project one day...

At any rate, I think that these 7 character designs do present a nice time capsule to what I saw in fashion Spring/Summer 2006.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool!

Loving the resurgence of Jem and The Holograms - I saw like 10 girls this Haloween who tried. I think a cool, updated stylistic version sounds rad. Then again, some sort of really funky asian-anime influenced one sounds cool too. Perhaos if they were robots?

=)

Neysa Bové said...

These are some cool and crazy fashion outfits you chose.