Friday, April 13, 2007

My new Wacom Tablet


I've been working hard at my day job and with my freelance work and decided to reward myself with a new Intuos 3 Wacom Tablet. I have been using a Graphire for about 6 years now and didn't really think that upgrading was going to do anything for me, but I was wrong! I think the bigger tablet and extra sensitivity is going to change my life, and I'm really excited about computer art again. (and to think I just about went back to painting in acrylic) I did a quick little fashion sketch that would have been impossible on the Graphire with the limited space for stroke. It's not terribly impressive, but I think it bears a remarkable resemblence to traditional sketch without me trying really hard with layers and masks and overlays to get it to look traditional.

No comments: