Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Catra


This is my interpretation of Catra from the "She-Ra: Princess of Power" universe. When I was a kid, I always thought that the chick that played Cassandra in Wayne's World would be a great casting choice if a live action She-Ra movies was ever made, and I think that ever since then I've had a place in my heart for an Asian Catra. Actually, though, this image is based off of a gorgeous Anna Molinari ad that was so much Catra already, I couldn't resist pushing it a little further (and the moral of the story is that the model in the ad was of Asian decent).

After leaving this piece rest for about a month and returning to it today, I think that I'm finally done with it. I'm not absolutely in love with it, but I really put the finishing touches on it today and don't know that I'd be interested in returning.

Additionally, this piece came before all of the lads that I'd been drawing in early December and was the first time that I made something with Photoshop with the sole intention of making it appear to be a traditional drawing or painting. Revisiting it today made me realize that I've figured a lot out in the past month, so I'm pretty happy about that.

No comments: